Recipe for Campbell's Bean and Bacon Soup

I am looking for a bean and bacon soup recipe that tastes like Campbell's. Just asking for it makes me hungry. Thanks.

By Annette from Cocoa Beach, FL

Hi, I just posted this recipe recently and I was trying to recreate Campbell's Bean With Bacon Soup. I think that the longer you cook it down, the closer it will be to the canned soup texture.

http://www.thri  4932681.tip.html

Let us know what you think!

I've never made Campbell's bean with bacon cause mine is so good. You can make this with ham or bacon, I usually use bacon cause I never have the ham when I have the urge to make beans. I use small white beans, not great northern for every 2lbs of beans, I use 1lb of bacon. I cut the slices of bacon cross wise, so you end up with these small pieces of bacon. I half fry the bacon, to get rid of some of the fat, which I happen to like in the bean soup. I do the pre-cooking of the bacon in the same pan I'm going to cook the soup in. Add salt, a little pepper & onions. You can add other stuff, but this is the way I was brought up to make it & it's delicious. Bring to a boil & simmer for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Keep the beans covered with liquid. Check it often. I keep a tea kettle with simmering water to add, then you won't have to return to the simmer.

I like it more like soup, as opposed to thicker stuff. At 2-1/2hrs, it will probably be done, the beans will be soft.Check at 1-1/2 hours for taste, you may need more salt, w/o salt, it won't taste very good. Be sure to sort & wash the beans off first with clean fresh water. There will be dirt. Many people say to soak the beans over-night, but I never have & it always tastes great & is good winter food. Also, when I pre-cook the bacon, do it slowly & break apart the pieces. Don't brown it, just a little cooked. Personally the fat makes it taste so good. All the fat free stuff is for the birds.

I recently bought a giant can of Campbell's Bean and Bacon. My very favorite. I copied this recipe, and will follow this subject carefully. Nummy. Guess what I am having for lunch? Ha! Phyllis

I found this really cool website that offers recipes from restaurants, companies and hard to find recipes and other things.

phaedrus AT hungrybrowser.com He found a cookie for me. I literally had about four pieces of information to give him, and I can't believe it, but he found it. Hope you find your soup!