Raw Dog Food Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade raw dog food?

By Niteagle77 from East Hampton, NY

Fairly often I will make this recipe for my cocker spaniels and they love it. Use a pound of ground meat & drain off all fatty liquid after frying. (I use deer sausage or left over meat) Add in large skillet and use a lid, two different kinds of vegetables a can of peas, greenbeans or carrots with minute rice. Add the juice from the peas and carrots to help steam the rice until done. The green bean juice is a little too salty. I just estimate the amount of rice to be used.

My dogs love it and my daughter fixed herself a bowl of it and when I told her I was making it for my dogs, we both laughed and then she said it tasted really good and she thought I was creating something different for our lunch.

Once meat, veggies and fruits are cooked with a heat above 110 degrees, all the benefits of the digestive enzymes in these items is killed by the heat.

I don't have a raw recipe to share with you. However you can get the benefits of raw meat by giving your dog a high grade kibble daily and adding 2 - 4 oz of any good raw meat you get from the grocery store. 2 oz for a small dog, 4 oz for a larger dog. The benefits of this is the digestive enzymes in the meat. Each day your dog will get thousands of these enzymes and they will build up in your dog over time.

High grade kibble should NOT have any grain in it. Grain is deadly for dogs and cats and it should contain a high amount of meat. Here are three good examples of good kibble brands:

http://www.petf … R2VGPM6PLETG24TB

http://www.petf … R2VGPM6PLETG24TB

http://www.petf … R2VGPM6PLETG24TB

By adding the small amounts of fresh uncooked meats to the above kinds of kibble, your dog gets the advantage of raw and a well balanced diet from the high grade kibble.

If you haven't been feeding your dog raw, it is best to introduce raw meat slowly into the diet. Using about a teaspoon daily to start and slowly ramp up to the amount you want to give. This can take a few weeks to a few months to get the dog acclimated to the raw meat.

Jim in Jax

You can try the raw variant of the chicken feet recipe that is available here: http://homemade … ood.blogspot.com

You will find many interesting raw dog food recipes in that blog, just take a look.

I have been raw feeding our 2 dogs for over 5 years. All they eat is raw meat, not cooked, no veggies, grains, nothing. One dog ( 10 years old about 130lbs) developed severe grain allergies. Dogs are not omnivores, so they have no need for veggies. Since I've started raw meat (chicken, venison, pork, beef etc), neither dog has gone to the vet, no hot spots, no ear infections, shiny coats, excellent health! so many dogs have grain allergies, and unless you spend hundreds of dollars (like we did), you have no way of knowing.