Potty Training a Resistant Three Year Old

I need help. My 3 and a half year old won't poo on the pot. I've taken toys away, coached her by giving her a reward if she goes. I sat her beside me as I use the loo. Nothing is working I'm going crazy. Please, oh please, help.

By Diane from NSW

Best Answer

I can relate to this. My son was 4 1/4 before he finally did it all in the potty, after my efforts for 2 plus years. I did stickers and rewards, too. I finally got tired of it all and decided to quit pressuring him for awhile and he decided the very next day after I took his filled up sticker chart down to do it all on his own. He wanted to be in control, I guess.

Take a break, Mom.

Best Answer

Read the book, "Toilet Training Your Child in Less Than a Day." Read the whole book from beginning to end and do everything that it tells you to do to prepare, before you begin any training. It works, except that it took my son 3 days. Good luck!

A child sitting on the toilet.
My Child Won't Poop In The Toilet
Parenting Toddler and Preschooler Potty TrainingSeptember 22, 2010
Moroccan Terracotta Cooking Tagines
Fireproof and Heat Resistant Clay Recipes
Woman Wearing Eyeglasses
Making Eyeglasses Scratch Resistant
A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
Cloth Diapers
Uses for Cloth Diapers
🎉
🎄