Small Gift Ideas for Veterans

I am looking for mass gift giving ideas, on a budget. I am planning on going to the hospital on Base to visit veterans for Christmas. I want to take small gifts to give to those we visit. I need ideas for a lot of gifts to be given to the Veterans there.

Navy Wiffle from Las Vegas, NV

Get in touch with some veteran organizations by phone and explain to them that you would like to give the vets a small gift when you visit them in the hospital. I believe they will be able to financially help you in your endeavors.

Some time ago, my husband (who is a vet of the Korean Conflict) was approached by a stranger while in our local Wal-mart. The gentleman shook my husband's hand and thanked him for his service to our great country. The man then handed my husband a tiny American flag pin. It's almost like a lapel pin, with a "frog" for a fastener. My husband treasures this small item that couldn't have cost this gentleman more than a few pennies.

Perhaps your local Veterans' Affairs office or American Legion will know how to obtain these items.

God Bless you! I loved the idea of the flag pin! And I would think even candy bars, homemade cards of thanks for service, and even hugs would mean so much to any veteran! It's more the gift of time and the thought of thanking them that matters!

Please let us know what you decided and please share your experience with the veterans with us :-)

Go to a walmart, k-mart or other chain store and get puzzle books, there are all kinds. t will give them something to do. My husband likes the word ones.

How about going to a Christian bookstore and purchasing some bookmarks. These would be inexpensive & you might get a discount by buying in bulk. These would be truly a God sent gift & such a help in time of need, both for their books, magazines, and for their souls, and uplifting of their spirits. What a great job you're going to be doing, my hat off to you! May God bless you for your efforts.

I love the ideas so far. I don't have any idea how much they cost but for all that reading a magnified glass could be nice.

Small Christmas Gifts
Small Christmas Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceDecember 17, 2008
Using VA Benefits
Using VA Benefits
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Gifts That Cost Nothing
Inexpensive Gift Ideas for Coworkers