Small Gift Ideas for Veterans

By Alyssa McVey 1

I am looking for mass gift giving ideas, on a budget. I am planning on going to the hospital on Base to visit veterans for Christmas. I want to take small gifts to give to those we visit. I need ideas for a lot of gifts to be given to the Veterans there.

Navy Wiffle from Las Vegas, NV

Showing: Answers Sort

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

Get in touch with some veteran organizations by phone and explain to them that you would like to give the vets a small gift when you visit them in the hospital. I believe they will be able to financially help you in your endeavors.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 Flag

Some time ago, my husband (who is a vet of the Korean Conflict) was approached by a stranger while in our local Wal-mart. The gentleman shook my husband's hand and thanked him for his service to our great country. The man then handed my husband a tiny American flag pin. It's almost like a lapel pin, with a "frog" for a fastener. My husband treasures this small item that couldn't have cost this gentleman more than a few pennies.

Perhaps your local Veterans' Affairs office or American Legion will know how to obtain these items.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

God Bless you! I loved the idea of the flag pin! And I would think even candy bars, homemade cards of thanks for service, and even hugs would mean so much to any veteran! It's more the gift of time and the thought of thanking them that matters!

Please let us know what you decided and please share your experience with the veterans with us :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Go to a walmart, k-mart or other chain store and get puzzle books, there are all kinds. t will give them something to do. My husband likes the word ones.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By badwater 263 654 Flag

How about going to a Christian bookstore and purchasing some bookmarks. These would be inexpensive & you might get a discount by buying in bulk. These would be truly a God sent gift & such a help in time of need, both for their books, magazines, and for their souls, and uplifting of their spirits. What a great job you're going to be doing, my hat off to you! May God bless you for your efforts.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Katie Laflin 3 11 Flag

I love the ideas so far. I don't have any idea how much they cost but for all that reading a magnified glass could be nice.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Small Christmas Gifts
Small Christmas Gift Ideas
Previous
Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceDecember 17, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Veterans Benefits
Making the Most of Your Veterans Benefits
Using VA Benefits
Using VA Benefits
Disabled veteran in a wheelchair in front of an American flag.
Housing Assistance for Disabled Veterans
Small Christmas Gifts
Small Christmas Gift Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 9:46:50 PM on 10.0.2.127 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings