Color Code Rooms When Moving

contest winner icon

I've been reading the moving advice here and have one more thought to it. When I moved, I bought 20 sheets of red, blue, green and yellow paper etc each, from at a copy center, like Fed Ex Office, Staples and Office Depot.

I colored coded each room and it made my move a lot easier.

I chose yellow for the kitchen. I wrote KITCHEN on one piece of yellow paper and taped it to a kitchen cabinet. Then, each box I packed for the kitchen, I wrote the contents on a piece of yellow paper then taped it to the box. When we got to our new house in my new kitchen, I taped a piece of yellow paper to a cabinet.

All boxes with a piece of yellow paper were stacked in the kitchen and I could easily see the lists of contents. It made unpacking a lot easier and I didn't worry about other boxes from other rooms being there.

Each room had a color and on moving day, all boxes were placed in the correct rooms. This comes in handy for yourself, friends, relatives, moving people or anyone else helping you move.

By CaroleeRose from Madison, Alabama

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

Sounds like a good idea - some years back I labeled each box for the different rooms for my Mum and Dad when they moved - when I arrived at their new house all the boxes were stacked on the veranda as the movers apparently didn't see my labels and didn't know where the boxes went - I'll definitely try your method next time I move.

moving tips and tricks
Moving Tips and Tricks
Organizing MovingMarch 17, 2009
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Small living room with two red sofas and a wood coffee table.
Furnishing a Small Living Room
framed felt and floss color chart
Making an Embroidery Floss and Felt Color Code Chart
Post it note that says clean your room on it.
Getting Kids to Keep Their Rooms Clean
🎄