Blue Ink Stains on White Leather Jacket

How can you get smudged blue ink stains off of a white leather jacket?

Wendy from Hamilton, ON

I need help! I'm so sad because I didn't know my ball point pen in my backpack was marking the elbow area of my WHITE LEATHER JACKET that I LOVE so much! I don't know what to do. I tried a little hairspray and also perfume but they both took the color away. Any tips? This jacket was a gift, please help me! Thank you!

M. from California

You can use Acetone (nail polish remover) when used lightly it can remove anything from leather. Too much will take the paint off the leather though.

I tried everything in my cabinet from leather cleaner, bleach awesome, alcohol, magic eraser just to name a few, I thought my white leather stool ruined, then I saw your method and it worked perfectly ACETONE took the marks out immeditly , just be careful not to get it on any wood, it will ruin the finish, thank you for the great tip

Thank u. Acetone took it right off.

December 10, 2007 Flag

M. from California

Answers:

Pen On White Leather Jacket

TRY ONE OF THE LAUNDRY OXYGEN STAIN REMOVERS (01/21/2005)

By JONER COOPER

Pen On White Leather Jacket

Please before you give up try antibacterial hand gel. It works on many different kinds of stains and hasn't harmed any surface I've used it on. Hairspray contains laquer and I would be careful what I put it on. Laquer is very sticky and gooey. It's what gums up the sprayer on your hairspray bottle. (01/22/2005)

By jeangnome46

Pen On White Leather Jacket

Try the Eraser by Mr Clean. It might work.
(01/22/2005)

By Michele

Pen On White Leather Jacket

I have a facial cleanser called Phisohex. It's an antibacterial cleanser. I just put a little dab of it on the edge of a washcloth with water and it did the charm, without stripping my leather jacket of it's creamy dark brown color. (04/01/2005)

By Crystal

Pen On White Leather Jacket

You could try dandruff shampoo, head and shoulders, it works great on my couch (its not white it's congac) and it did not cause any discoloration. I just damply wet a cloth and rubbed the shampoo directly into the stain and gently rubbed until it was gone. It took just a minute, don't wet shampoo just the cloth apply shampoo directly from bottle. (09/08/2006)

By

An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 10, 2007
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Leather
🎄