Removing Rust From Chrome

How can I remove rust from chrome bathroom fixtures, specifically chrome trim around a bathroom mirror? Are there any good products for this? Thank you.

By Ellen from Chicago, IL

There are probably product but the foil and cola sounds good to me; however, your chrome product is probably on it's last legs because the chrome protection has worn away, but you can just start looking for replacements at garage sales. I see chrome trimmed stuff all the time.

February 15, 2010 Flag

How do you clean rust off chrome?

By Christie from Kona, HI

Answers:

Removing Rust From Chrome

I have found that fine steel wool works great, give it a try and see what happens. It work for me. (11/04/2009)

By LULUbobo

Removing Rust From Chrome

Try vinegar it should work, good luck. (11/04/2009)

By kffrmw88

Removing Rust From Chrome

There is a product called Navel Jelly. Just apply to the rusted area, let set, and then rinse away. (11/06/2009)

By dwmoar

Removing Rust From Chrome

Try rust remover for clothing in the smaller bright orange plastic bottle, letting it stay on the rusted area for about ten minutes, wiping, not rinsing, to see if it removed it. If so, then rinse with cold water. If not, try CLR. Good luck and God bless you. (11/07/2009)

By lyndagayle62

Removing Rust From Chrome

The Coca cola works great. I purchased a small muffler for a 1969 Honda z50 from eBay no one else would bid on it, I won it for $3.00 this item costs about $120 new. Completely covered in rust put in a box and poured Coca Cola on it let it set for about 5 minutes and rubbed with tin foil and then wiped down with a rag, look at her shine, awesome. I have before, during, and after pictures works great. Thanks a bunch. (12/12/2009)

By jlc2240

RE: Removing Rust From Chrome

Removing Rust From Chrome

See my other image of little muffler I purchased on eBay and cleaned up with Coca cola and tin foil. Here is the before picture so you can see what 15 minutes of work did. (12/12/2009)

By jlc2240

RE: Removing Rust From Chrome

November 3, 2009 Flag

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers rub with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds wrap foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

By Connie A.

Answers:

Removing Rust From Chrome

Here's an incredibly easy and cheap way to take care of all your worries. Wrap aluminum foil around your finger, shiny side out, and rub until the rust disappears. Then wipe the surface with a damp cloth. Problem solved! Hope this helps you. (09/07/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Removing Rust From Chrome

I have an old bicycle that was covered in rust. Before attempting anything else, I tried this trick because it was simple a cheap. Worked like a charm!

The bike looked great afterward, and I was able to salvage the handle bars and fenders, which is why I wanted the bicycle in the first place. Finish with chrome cleaner/polish to bring out the shine! (05/10/2008)

By Jeanine

Removing Rust From Chrome

I thought you were crazy with the suggestion but was at my wits end. I had tried everything in my house to get the handlebars of an antique kid's riding toy clean for my one year old grandson. Tried it and it worked like a charm. Thank you, thank you! (02/07/2009)

By Tom D.

Removing Rust From Chrome

Thank you! I just tried this and have removed the rust spots on the chrome bumper of my car. Had I not found this trick I'd have gone out and bought some expensive cream that probably wouldn't have worked. Bumper now looks as good as new. Brilliant! (04/06/2009)

By moomin

Removing Rust From Chrome

Since I moved south, I had a lot of rust on my motorcycle. I tried WD-40, CLR, and they removed little rust. Good old coca-cola worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip! (09/04/2009)

By cot62

Rust on Chrome
Removing Rust from Chrome
Home and Garden Cleaning RustFebruary 15, 2010
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Polished Chrome on Classic Car
Polishing Chrome
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎉
🎄