Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Permanent Marker From Doll Faces

How do I get permanent marker off of a doll's face?

By Leanne from Scotland

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Jennifer [29]06/11/2010

Try dabbing on some undiluted bleach. Rinse off as soon as the stain disappears.

By MJ [2]06/10/2010

Try to get a hold of some finger print removal grease. Works well to remove all black stains, like if you have a black ink pen stain on your pocket etc. If that ever happens put the shirt pocket between two old towels and dab with fingerprint removal grease. I would be careful about using any chemicals on a dolls face, you may ruin the finish. Do you have a friend who is a cop, as for a bit of the removal grease.

By cath06/10/2010

I just used OXY 10 acne remover to remove 4 year old ink from vinyl doll face. Rubbed on with qtip then place in sunny window for a few days. I did it 2 times and all gone. May take longer with marker. Good luck.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Permanent Marker From Doll Faces

How do you remove permanent marker from doll faces. I tried straight bleach? An awesome cleaner that works wonders, usually.

Randa from San Marcos, TX

RE: Removing Permanent Marker From Doll Faces

You might want to try an SOS pad. I have found that it works wonders for removing stains from all kinds of hard surfaces. I used it to remove a permanent marker stain from a beautiful wood table, for example. A lot of people think that they scratch too much, but I have not found that to be much of a problem at all. Good luck! (03/19/2008)

By Carrie

I have used hairspray for ink and felt pens and it worked good. The longer the ink stays on the harder it is to remove. TKO also will remove felt pen. (03/19/2008)

By smilingfaces88

Try Spray and Wash (03/19/2008)

Try rubbing ALCOHOL. (03/20/2008)

By Jean from MS

Try Comet or some other such "scrubbing" powder cleanser. Also, try a little nail polish remover on a cotton swab. (03/21/2008)

By bailegirl

You might want to try some Spot Shot. You can buy it at Wal Mart and most other grocery and drug stores. Just be certain to wash the doll thoroughly with soap and water before allowing a child to play with it. God bless! (03/22/2008)

By Shari

Try WD40. (03/22/2008)

By Tina