"This Is Me" Collage

Rebecca Lanham

You and children of any age can make these simple collages with just some construction paper, scissors, glue, old magazines and newspaper ads.

Items Needed:

• construction paper
  • newspaper ads and old magazines
  • scissors and glue

Optional Items:

• child's picture

Instructions:

1. Give each child a piece of construction paper, safety scissors and a glue stick.
  2. Give each child several old magazines and newspaper ads.
  3. Have the child cut out pictures from the magazines that represent something "about me". (It can be blonde hair, blue eyes, people that represent family members, an animal that looks like their pet... anything.)
  4. Let the child glue all their cut out pictures on their collage.
  5. Have the child glue their picture in the center of the collage.

A very simple craft for even the youngest child.

Variations on "This Is Me" Collage:

1. Around Christmastime, have the child make a collage of what he or she wants "Santa" to bring him or her. Using ads from local discount and toy stores, the child can cut out those pictures he or she wants. Glue on the collage just like the pictures on the "This Is Me" collage. Great help for parents that don't know what to get their kids!
  2. Make a "What I Eat" collage! Use local grocery store ads.
  3. Make an "In My House" collage! Great for learning names of items in the home.

The list goes on and on... just use your imagination!

I love this idea and will do this with my dd (age 5). I know she would love to do this, as she loves gluing things and doing anything with paper.

Collage
Making a Collage
Crafts Crafts For KidsApril 17, 2006
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Wedding Collage
Making a Wedding Shower Collage
Making a Paper Plate Christmas Collage Teaser
Making a Paper Plate Christmas Collage
Fish Collage
Making a Fish Collage
🎉
🎄