"This Is Me" Collage
You and children of any age can make these simple collages with just some construction paper, scissors, glue, old magazines and newspaper ads.
- construction paper
- newspaper ads and old magazines
- scissors and glue
- Give each child a piece of construction paper, safety scissors and a glue stick.
- Give each child several old magazines and newspaper ads.
- Have the child cut out pictures from the magazines that represent something "about me". (It can be blonde hair, blue eyes, people that represent family members, an animal that looks like their pet... anything.)
- Let the child glue all their cut out pictures on their collage.
- Have the child glue their picture in the center of the collage.
A very simple craft for even the youngest child.
Variations on "This Is Me" Collage:
- Around Christmastime, have the child make a collage of what he or she wants "Santa" to bring him or her. Using ads from local discount and toy stores, the child can cut out those pictures he or she wants. Glue on the collage just like the pictures on the "This Is Me" collage. Great help for parents that don't know what to get their kids!
- Make a "What I Eat" collage! Use local grocery store ads.
- Make an "In My House" collage! Great for learning names of items in the home.
The list goes on and on... just use your imagination!
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
April 19, 20060 found this helpful
I love this idea and will do this with my dd (age 5). I know she would love to do this, as she loves gluing things and doing anything with paper.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 10:43:28 PM on 10.0.0.99 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us