Secure Button on End of Yarn

When making a ball of yarn, secure a button (with a shank) or some other similar item to the end of yarn at the beginning and hold on to it while continuing to wrap the yarn. This allows you to use the yarn from the center (as we all want to do) and not lose the beginning end of the yarn. Now, if someone already knew this, "shame" on you for not sharing it with me before now. (just kidding)

By applesauce from Alexandria, VA

I have been rolling yarn into balls for years and never thought to work from the center. What a cool idea!

I like the ball better than the skein so this would be perfect for keeping them from rolling all over the place when I am working someplace without a bowl!!

Picture of several skeins of yarn.
Organizing Yarn
Crafts MiscellaneousAugust 10, 2010
plate of cherry topped cookies
Bachelor Button Cookie Recipes
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Tomatoes growing with blossom end rot.
Blossom End Rot on Vegetables
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 24, 2017 at 7:06:58 AM on 10.0.0.175 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.