Homemade Face Paint

To make face paint mix 1 tsp. cornstarch, 1/2 tsp. cold cream, 1/2 tsp. cold water and add food coloring. Mix the ingredients well and paint away! This will wash off with cold cream.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

August 16, 2010 Flag

This recipe is for homemade face paint.

Ingredients

• 1 Tbsp. cold cream
  • 1 Tbsp. corn starch, a little more or less, maybe, to make a nice paste
  • 1/4 tsp. or more white food color - Wilton makes a great white food color.

Directions

Mix all together, then add any paste gel food color you want. Make different colors, put it in a child's empty watercolor pallet. The addition of the white food color makes it possible to use this face paint just like the real face paint. Use a wet brush and use just like the real thing.

This face paint does stain the skin, but use any dish soap with OXY in it and the paint comes off very nicely. OXY means that there is peroxide present in the product. Have fun.

Source: This recipe could have been from ThriftyFun or CraftsBits.com, but one addition to the recipe improves it greatly.

By Cricket Girl from Atascadero, CA

October 26, 2009 Flag

My kids absolutely love this recipe, they help mix it and them paint away on their face!

Ingredients

• 1 tsp. cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp. warm water
  • 1-1/2 tsp. cold cream (any brand)
  • a few drops of food coloring

Directions

Mix all the ingredients in a paper cup/bowl. And if the mix is too thick you can add a few drops more water. You can paint with your fingers or a paint brush.

By crys7881 from Abilene, TX

Answers:

Homemade Face Paint

This sounds like fun. Does this paint stain clothing or skin? (03/20/2006)

By sunhat

Homemade Face Paint

I had the same question, does it stain? (03/21/2006)

By jmz2005

Homemade Face Paint

I tried this and found the food colouring left a faint stain for a couple of days and it was tacky and didn't dry. Was fun to put on but the cleaning up was the problem. (06/02/2006)

By K from Oz

Homemade Face Paint

I tried this and this was almost perfect.. the quality wasn't that good as store-bought face paint, but then it was fun doing the face painting with my sister. :)

Removing it wasn't that hard. Afterwards, I rubbed a little of the cold cream and wiped then I let her use Betadine skin cleanser to clean it all. The stains were gone. (05/16/2008)

By Elizabeth

Homemade Face Paint

I found this was horrible! it was all grainy and didn't stay on, smeared every time you touched it. and it wasn't white! would not recommend this! (10/28/2008)

By Kelly

Girl having her face painted.
Homemade Face Paint Recipes
Crafts Halloween CostumesAugust 16, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
A girl having her face painted.
Buying Face Paint
Young girl with face paint on.
Removing Face Paint From Clothing
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
🎉
🎄