Rulers Keep Mice and Roaches out of Cupboards

We were so disgusted when we found a mouse had made his way into our kitchen cupboards. We found a half inch space along the bottom of the cupboard doors where the nasty little mouse made his way in. I knew I needed molding or something to cover that space, but needed something right then (in the middle of the night) that wouldn't be an eyesore. What ended up working perfectly were several clear plastic rulers I had bought (3 for $1) at a dollar store. They were JUST the right size and shape and had holes already drilled in them. I could have screwed them on, but instead I hot glued them to the bottom of the cupboard where the door meets the cabinet box and this worked just fine! Now those nasty creatures can't make their way into my cupboards and eat my cereal!

Top Comment

Not to burst your bubble; because your idea is definitely a good one...but keep your eye on the rulers. It would take a determined mouse only a few minutes to chew through the rulers. If you find nibble marks, try using a metal ruler or other metal strips. Be sure to tape over any remaining holes, (or fill with hot glue), to keep the buggies out.

I put a sheet of Bounce in every cabinet, behind stove, refrigerator, in storage boxes and any where else. I have not seen a bug or mouse since I started doing this about 5 months ago.

Bounce never worked for me but steel wool did, you can block where they enter the house (I found the area at the basement door frame). By the way, after paying a professional exterminator company hundreds of dollars over a few years, I did the steel wool on my own, fired the exterminators and now my home is mouse free.

Jennifer

metal mouse trap
Keeping Mice Out of Your Home
Home and Garden Pest Control MiceApril 28, 2008
Felt Mouse
Making Felt or Fabric Mice
wild mouse
Keeping Mice Out of a Dryer Vent
Mouse in Kitchen
Keeping Mice out of Appliances
A cat in a kitchen cabinet.
Keeping Pets Out of Cupboards
🎉
🎄