Valentine's Day Dance Ideas

For my senior project, I am having a junior high Valentine's Day/Winter dance. I need name ideas and cheap, but nice deocorating ideas and tips.

Rachel from Pittsburgh, PA

Best Answer

My school called the Valentines dance "Party Harty" last year. It was really cute with huge heart shaped balloons everywhere.

Best Answer

Add more color to the decorations. instead of just red and pink how about a little white and a hint of silver.

To add a twist to the theme, have people wear masks to give the dance a romantic mystery feeling. That way people will dance with people they wouldn't have before.

Best Answer

our school is having a Valentines dance, and the theme is Cupid's Got Bad Aim. We just have a ton of arrows(paper ones-not real) and they are going everywhere, into random things. It's a pretty funny theme I think. (have a good Party!)

Best Answer

How about a Venice, Italy theme. Or maybe Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare) theme. That would be romantic.

Have some different activities so that people aren't just sitting around bored. Make sure you include themed prizes like teddy bears and chocolate.

Cinderella dance: all the girls put one shoe in the center and every guy picks a shoe and finds the owner, then dances with them. You could do it by grade so it's not a 6th grader with an 8th grader, awkward!

At our school Valentines dance, I had this great idea that we should have a "kissing booth" but instead of giving away kisses, give Hershey's kisses to the people. That's always creative and fun.

For our Halloween dance we had king and queen of the dance and we are doing it for valentines day are theme is queen of hearts. You should have lots of balloons and hearts ever where.

I think you guys should put in lots of twinkling lights. Even those that aren't into dating will think it's really cool. The more twinkling lights, the less overhead lights you have to use. My youth group throws a dance every year and we have over 300 Christmas lights (clear, not colored). Last year, we created the coolest patterns. Be creative and try to include candles (a walkway would be cool!)

You guys could have grams and sell crush sodas for people to give to their crushes

Thank you for the help.

Hi, my friends and I are from high park alternative school and we have 2 days to plan a valentines day party and so we're staying in at lunch but were not really getting anywhere. We read all of these ideas and some of them are pretty cool, but we think that the dancing with teachers thing is just...ew. creepy. So here are some of our plans but they kinda suck....

-our theme is valentines day so probably pink and read and heartish lovey stuff every where

-strawberry ice cream sundaes with whipped cream and merachino cherries

-red pink and white streamers

-we might use the "cupids got bad aim" theme (thx whoever came up with that idea)

-piles and piles of heart shaped cookies with red and pink sprinkles

-lots of sparkly white lights so we can turn the lights off

-cream soda

-cranberry juice

-smoothies

-strawberrys dipped in chocolate fondu

-lots of different types of music because every likes different types.

-fake flowers everywhere

-arrange all the tables in a hear shape

(omg I TOLD you out ideas are lame :S)

-put confetti everywhere (valentines colours)

-ipod speakers for people to do their own music and requests if wanted

-fruit and candy cabobs

-drink umbrellas

-heart shaped ice cudes cuz we have heart shaped ice cube trays :P

(if you have any good ideas for us PLASE email me b4 valentines day! rachael_roxygirl AT hotmail.com

-romantic playlists chips and stuff like regular party foods

-heart glasses (hard to explain)

Photo of a red rose decoration at a Valentine's Day dance.
Valentine's Day Dance Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesJanuary 6, 2007
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Green Valentine's Day Ideas
🎉
🎄