Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing Crisco From Fabric

I'm 14 years and I was getting the Fry Daddy out for my mom and I didn't know there was Crisco in it. It spilt all over my clothes. They are my new clothes. We don't know what to do.

Shelby

Best Answer

Hi Shelby! I'm so sorry about your new clothes. I would take Dawn dishwashing liquid and squirt it all over the clothes covering the grease completely and rubbing it into the fabric. Let it sit a few minutes then launder it as usual. I have had great success getting all kinds of grease and oil out of clothes. If it doesn't all come out the first time, just do the same thing another time or 2. I sure hope this helps. Let me know :)

The above poster has it right! But in my opinion, the first Dawn (blue formula) is better for grease than the newer formulas. Do not dry your clothes if the grease is not completely out of them. Also, if not washable, your dry cleaner can remove it. Good Luck!

Try spraying with Resolve. My friend's husband came home with dried tile glue and assorted other stains all over his work clothes. Instead of throwing them out she sprayed with Resolve let stand a little while then washed as usual and they look brand new again. Worth a try!

Orrrrrr you can use the cleaner "Super Green" you can get this at Dollar Generals, and Family Dollar , same as above, let sit 5 minutes or so and wash, it will also probably take more than one washing. and also, dont leave it on overnight or for hours it will fade the spot, 5-10 minutes works wonders I havnt had a stain yet it hasnt made a difference on. One thot--- you may not want to dry your laundry every time in the dryer, hang them ---the dryer is the hardest on clothes and they will look worn before you get to wear them.

Try using a tide pen and let it sit for a bit then put it in the washer with some vinegar and your laudry soap---oil and vinegar don't mix well together--they will separate. Good luck with this

And if all that doesn't work :), someone just recommend Tide w/bleach for colors. NOT BLEACH. I work in a hospital kitchen so my uniform can get pretty gross. She said it even got old stains out. Good luck