Farm Book For Visiting Boys

contest winner icon

My 2 nephews, age 1 and 4, came for a visit while on vacation. I wanted to give them something to remember their trip to our house. My parents came a few days before and we put books together. I printed off pictures of the farm animals, pets, family members, tractor, and a 4 wheeler (they are boys that like machines!). Dad typed each name of the animals or family and printed, Mom cut out the pictures and we put through my husband's laminator. We then used the paper hole punch and tied together with plastic wire ties so the pages would turn easily. The boys loved them. It was entertainment on the way home in the car. It was a fun, family project! The boys could remember and learn their letters and words too.

By Esther from Plainfield, OH

That was an ingenious idea! Y'all were very smart to come up with a way to entertain and educate the boys at the same time. I know they will enjoy those books for a long time, and probably share them with your friends. God bless all of you!

Fantastic Idea!! I will do this for my grandson as we have a small hobby farm, thanks.

Very good idea! Looks like they are both really enjoying 'reading' those books. The books would also make good keepsakes for the children.

I LOVE this idea! I have been doing something similar with my niece and nephew who come to stay with me in the summer holidays.

Until this year they came together but now the age gap is more noticeable. Jade is 15 and Jed is 10 now.

I started keeping a daily record of their stays with me and they each were given a nice scrapbook. We would take pictures and print two copies for each on the printer for their books and write in each day what we did.Sometimes sticking small shells and the odd feather to the pages.

I live just by the beach so it was lots of sandcastles and fun games on the beach and we did lots of crafts too. Pebble painting, painting canvases,making sand monsters, watching videos together, baking cakes etc.

I printed a list of 50 things we could do so if they were bored we just picked one off the list to do. Never a dull moment!

At the end of their stay they had a record of the fun we all had together.

We look back at them now and remember all the fun times we had.

This year i just had Jade on her own. We did lots of crafts as usual but this year we made our own teddy bears!

We didn't do a journal this year- we did an online photo album together.

I love the idea of what you did for your little nephews - i hope you inspire many others to copy your lovely idea.

Best wishes to you

Monique

Somerset, UK

The picture is of them just after they had been for a dip in the sea- they were very cold when they emerged!

That's really sweet--and I bet it was fun for the adults, too. Great idea :)

interesting and creative ideas...those laminated photos can be preserved for the next generations..i will try it..thanks for sharing

Homemade Picture Book
Homemade Picture Books for Children
Photos FarmSeptember 13, 2007
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
two young girls choosing pumpkins
Visiting a Pumpkin Patch
🎄