HealthDogs

What Medicine To Use On Dachshund With Burst Mole

My dog dachshund is 7 years of age, having skin rashes throughout. Recently he developed a big mole which burst and gave rise to lot of blood with white juicy fluid. I am very much worried since in that region a big hole is found. What medicine shall I give him?

prasun from Texas

I really doubt what you've seen is a mole but more likely an abscess. You really need to get him to a veterinarian instead of trying to doctor it yourself when you don't know what it is. PLEASE, PLEASE stay away from bag balm!!!! So many people want to put that stuff on everything but it's very harsh and caustic. See a vet, please.

Does sound like an abcess. This animal needs a vet.

Yes, you need to get him to a vet ASAP.

Please take your dog to the dr, it could be a cyst that busted, or a boil, or it could even be the big C word. Please take him to the vet.

Yes, please take your dog dog to the vet. This is nothing to self-treat.

None of us here are experts and it sounds like it could be serious. If you love your pet, take him to the vet! This is one area where I don't think you can be frugal.

Ok, I love vets, don't get me wrong, and I think in general that they are much brighter than most "human" doctors...However, sometimes skin eruptions are caused by the body trying to eliminate toxins in the fastest way possible--straight out through the skin. The herbs dandelion root and turmeric are great cleansers for the body to remove the actual problems, instead of just medicating the symptoms. I saw dandelion root cleanse a nasty "FDA approved" wormer out of a horse that was covered in hives and had eyes swollen shut. Within 2 days he was over the nasty allergic reaction, whereas a horse of mine who had the same symptoms some years ago from the same wormer was sick for 4 months! Just check it out, it can't hurt. And you know, in nature, an animal will wander around snacking on "weeds" and herbs to self medicate...