Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Chairs

I have plastic outdoor chairs that get quite dirty after setting out all the time, especially through the winter months. I have tried all kinds of cleaners, but nothing I have used cuts the dirt.

I would appreciate any help on how to remove this build in dirt.

By Bill C.

Best Answer

Use a power sprayer, if you have one. It works great with no chemicals or scrubbing. You can also use a Mr. Clean magic eraser with a little elbow grease. I know that both of these methods work great on white plastic patio chairs and furniture.

Best Answer

I cleaned mine the best I could then bought"Krylon" spray paint.

Now they look great as they're the color I wanted.

Use a Mr. Clean sponge and it works well, won't scratch and gets the worked in dirty out.

I agree with Keeper. Krylon (for plastic) spray paints are great. They come in a variety of colors and are an inexpensive way to give plastic chairs new life. I do suggest that you wash them first in a bleach bath to kill of any mold or mildew. I use a exfoliating loofah scrub for scrubbing so there is less chance of scratching the plastic and with the detachable shower head it makes rinsing a breeze. Good Luck. And if you do go the Krylon way, send pics!

I use a pressure washer on mine.

I just spray mine down with a watered down clorox mixture , let them sit a few minutes, then scrub them with a scrub pad and rinse off with water hose.

Wesley's Bleche White is the best! You can find it in the automotive department at Walmart-it is less than $3.00 per bottle and it takes the grime right off of those chairs. It is actually made for whitewall tires so you know it is going to work. I even used it to clean some old bricks that I got from a neighbor and they looked brand new afterwards. Spray it on, wait about 5 minutes and wipe it off with a sponge. Then rinse with water and let the sun dry the chairs.

My chair is light green. Would this bleach out the color?