Covering a Roll-up Shade

I need instructions for covering my roll up shades with fabric to match my comforter. I'm sure it can be done, I'm just not sure what adhesive to use that will remain soft and not crack up when the shade is rolled up and down.

Teresa from Lexington, SC

What about good, old-fashioned rubber cement?

Teresa, I think I'm going to be your new best friend (tee hee). Here is a video and the page for instructions (printable) for exactly this project. Have fun. http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_9 ... Top%20Ten%20Link%20Nine:alicewindows (click on the "No-Sew Roller Shade" video. I'd like to try this myself.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_windows ... cle/0,1793,HGTV_3543_5512950,00.html

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_windows ... /article/0,,HGTV_3543_1373241,00.htm Heres an othe HG TV idea that you might like it looks elegant but used the cheap roll up shades a lot of us use I saw the episode and its on my list to try when I get the rest set up.

I would go w/ the HGTV project - rubber cement can make for an unsmooth surface which wille be important for this project plus my limited experience w/ rubber cement is that it doesnt adhere as well as other glues...jmho..cj in camas, wa

There's a product you can buy at the fabric shops which is a wide fusible specifically for making roll-up shades. Just go in and ask. It's great for making matching shades and for other home dec projects which need large amounts of moderately stiff fusibles.

Is there a way to "fix" a roll up shade? Have one that always unrolls to floor,other wise in good condition. Thanks for any advise

I think you can buy a kit for repairing them. I was looking for a shade for my skylight and saw the kit at the www.hunterdouglas.com web site or you can check Lowes website. Good luck.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsJuly 18, 2007
Toilet Paper Pumpkin
Making Toilet Paper Pumpkins
Shade Gardening Tips
Shade Gardening Tips
Shade Tree
Shade Tree Recommendations
Window Sheers
Changing the Color of Curtains
🎄