Ideas for Remembering Groom's Mom at Wedding

I am getting married in 2 weeks and the groom's mom passed 6 years ago. I want to do something other than flowers in memory of her. Any suggestions?

By Dawn from MA

You could light a special candle in her memory.

Our mothers are never far from our hearts, especially on wonderful family moments like a wedding. My father passed away a few months before my wedding. To make certain I honored him on my special day I used flowers he loved, had special candles used on the t able where our place cards were, and used a reading from the memorial service we had for him. I have seen people put a message of thanks to their parents in the order of service/program. Enjoy your special day.

We took our limo with the entire wedding party to the cemetary and the graveside of my MIL (who passed before I met my husband) and toasted her with champagne and took pictures. These are our favorite pictures from the wedding. We also had a memorial candle for her and my father and step father who had all passed away. We did a dove release at the church but that is a bit pricey. They may not have been there in body but I know in spirit they were with us on our special day.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I appreciate your time and thoughts.

If she had a favorite song or there is a song that reminds your husband of his mother, have it played at the wedding or reception. Write in your program that the song is in her memory.

redhatterb has the same idea I was going to suggest. You might have the groom's father light the candle during the ceremony, as a tribute to his wife and the groom's mother.

Perhaps, instead of a dove release, you could do a balloon release, using balloons in her favorite color?

Weddings AdviceAugust 10, 2010
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Two child's hand print ornaments.
Homemade Birthday Gift Ideas for Mom
Groom's Dinner Ideas
Groom's Dinner Ideas
🎉
🎄