Making a Rag Wreath

Category Decorations
A rag wreath is an excellent recycled decoration for Christmas. This is a guide about making rag wreath.

This is a rag wreath and is so simple to make! Take a hanger, leave the hook on, and shape the hanger into a circle. Cut your material into 1x6 inch strips. Simply tie the strips onto the hanger sliding them tightly together as you go.

When you cannot squeeze any more fabric strips onto the hanger you are almost done! Fluff the strips to make the wreath full. For the hook, take a half inch strip of fabric, about 16 inches long and tie one end to the hook and wind the rest around the hook to cover it and fabric glue the end to stay put. Top off with ribbons or any other embellishment you wish and voila!

By Andrea from Radom, IL

Top Comment

Thank you again so much for this idea. My 10 year old is loving making this for her friend for her room as a birthday present. I am sure the fabric I bought will stretch to make 2 of these. I have included a photo of her 1/2 completed wreath she wanted me to share! (She is so proud.)

Making a Mini Rag Wreath

This is a guide about making a mini rag wreath. Rag wreaths are colorful and easy to make. This diminutive version is perfect for a small spot that needs a splash of color.