Rag Wreath

This is a rag wreath and is so simple to make! Take a hanger, leave the hook on, and shape the hanger into a circle. Cut your material into 1x6 inch strips. Simply tie the strips onto the hanger sliding them tightly together as you go.

When you cannot squeeze any more fabric strips onto the hanger you are almost done! Fluff the strips to make the wreath full. For the hook, take a half inch strip of fabric, about 16 inches long and tie one end to the hook and wind the rest around the hook to cover it and fabric glue the end to stay put. Top off with ribbons or any other embellishment you wish and voila!

By Andrea from Radom, IL

Great & so SIMPLE - I love it.

The simplest ideas always have the best results.

Wow, these would make great Christmas gifts. :o))

Marla

http://forgetmenotaromas.com - Our fragrances leave lasting impressions.

This is such a great idea. It almost looks like the no sew fleece blankets. I am definately going to try this! Thank you.

http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

I am making my very first wreath! Thanks for the idea.

Wow, that is a great idea, I'll have to do one for my door! Thanks!

You can also do the same to make a swag, just use a leather strip or if you want it more sturdy, straighten out the hanger and attach another straightened hanger to it!

You can also do the same to make a swag, just use a leather strip or combine 2 straightened hangers. So simple!

***SAVINGS ALERT***

My daughter decided she wanted to make one of these for her friend for her birthday. I went to JoAnne's and looked in the fabric remnant section first. I found one girly printed fleece and three tie-in fleece colors.

Fleece is 50% off this week. It applied to the remnants too!!! So I got the four for $3.60. So make sure to check the remnant section first for marked down fleece fabric this week and get it for 1/2 off.

I did not know the discount applied to these. I was pleasantly surprised.

Oh how I wish we had a Joanns here!

Thank you again so much for this idea. My 10 year old is loving making this for her friend for her room as a birthday present. I am sure the fabric I bought will stretch to make 2 of these. I have included a photo of her 1/2 completed wreath she wanted me to share! (She is so proud.)

Oh wow, love the colors and tell her I am so proud of her too! Just be sure she pushes the strips tightly together so it will come out fluffy!

Tell her I am so proud of her too! Just be sure to tighten the strips as she goes to make it fluffy! Love the colors!

With the remnant pieces I bought she has made three and I think she has just enough for a fourth. She is a machine. She loves this. Thank you so much! She is in a small Girl Scout Troop and she is making one for all the girls. You can't beat the price! Also, it really satisfies her 10 year old girl need for something to do.

I am so happy!

It's beautiful and so easy. I cut the strips with a point at one end. I also thought of buying some cloth rope and doing same thing for a garland.

Thank you for sharing your inspiration.

You are so welcome, glad I could bring joy to you all!

Thank you and thank you again. I can't use my hands as well as I used to but oh my I know I can do this. :)

Wonderful!

Approximately how many 1x6 strips are needed?

As many as it takes, honestly! Until the wreath is as full as you want it to be.

I taught my 9 year old son how to do this and he made both of his Grandmother's wreaths for Christmas presents, and then one the next year for his teacher. But we used one hoop of a set of embroidery hoops instead of a hanger. And since, I have been always on the lookout for other circular things that can be used for wreath forms. Even old bangle bracelets can be used for mini wreaths that can be ornaments hung on the tree.

Very easy for anyone to make, and use scraps of old material. Wonderful gifts!

Forgot to add that the red gingham fabric we used for 3 wreaths was bought at a thrift store for 25 cents. And we have recycled other clothing items- shirts skirts, even old sheets or pillow cases that maybe a hole in them, etc. for very cheap or free material to use.

Coat Hanger Cloth Wreath
Fabric Wreath Craft Projects
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsSeptember 17, 2008
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Making a Mini Rag Wreath
Making a Mini Rag Wreath
Crocheted Wreaths
Making a Crocheted Wreath
Rag Quilt
Rag Quilt Patterns
🎉
🎄