Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust

Are you tired of the standard graham cracker pie crust called for in many dessert recipes?

Take half a box of ground vanilla wafers and 2 cups of ground pecans. Add 1/2 cup of melted margarine. Put in bottom of springform pan for desserts or cheesecake for the holidays. Bake in 375 degree F oven for approximately 10 minutes until lightly browned. Then add your fillings.

I have even left out the margarine and it still turned out great.

I do a ginger snap base for a pumpkin cheesecake-- generally the same-- I use butter ( in for a penny, in for a pound) since the caloric cost is the same-- pumpkin pie spices with the crust and TA DA!

My grandkids had to taste test until I got it right!

have fun...

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsOctober 16, 2006
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Homemade vanilla extract in a glass bottle.
Making Vanilla Extract
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes