"Let It Snow" Window Frame
Salvaged vintage window turned into Christmas decor.
Approximate Time: 6 Hours (includes drying time)
- orbital sander
- acylic paints
- gloss sealer spray paint
- black marker
- tiny finishing nails
- Very carefully, remove the old pane(s) from the frame.
- Wash glass in warm soapy water and dry.
- On the front side of each pane, draw your desired picture.
- When you paint the reverse side, you'll need to start with colours you want to show first, such as the orange nose and black hat. Let each layer of paint dry before adding more.
- Once each pane is fully dry, spray a gloss sealer (Krylon spray paint works well on glass) to adhere everything.
- Place panes back into frame and lightly tack small finishing nails into frame around each pane.
By Tracy from Ontario, Canada
December 16, 20100 found this helpful
Great job and a wonderful idea for a recycled treasure.
Thanks for sharing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 30, 2016 at 11:25:53 PM on 10.0.2.48 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us