Make a really cute scarecrow for your door using things around the house.
Approximate Time: less than an hour
- glue gun
- scraps of jeans
- scraps of cotton
- coat hanger
- small amount of stuffing
- brown paper bag
- Lay coat hanger on table. Gather the scrap of cotton you chose for the face around the hook. Push stuffing inside and tie off around neck.
- Cut out two basic shirt shapes of another scrap of cotton. Lay it on the front of coat hanger and put the other on the back. Using glue gun, layer the shirt at the shoulders like a seam and glue in place.
- Glue the inner seams of shirt running glue down the inside of shirts and pressing together.
- Cut out two squares of jean material. Fold in half and glue the open side to mimic jean legs. Set each leg in the bottom of shirt and glue.
- Using scraps cut out face pieces and glue on.
- Using the brown paper bag, cut out squares and fringe one end.
- Roll in a tube slide over coat hanger in the arms of the shirt, glue down.
- Make two more for the bottom of the jeans and glue in place.
- You can use more jean scraps to make a pocket for the front.
- You can also can make a jean hat by cutting two ovals that fit over scare crow head. Use one as base, gather the other and put stuffing inside. Glue down to the base.
- Then add a strip of fabric to cover glued gathers.
- Decorate tying on scraps of string and leftover buttons.
By Lyn from Taylorville, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide