Homemade Graduation Gift Ideas for Friends

I would like some suggestions on cute, fun, high school graduation gifts for my girlfriends! We all graduated the first week of June and will be going to different schools in the fall. We are all making the gifts (there are 9 of us, so I will be making something for 8 girls).

So far, one friend had a mug made for all of us with personalized pictures on it, another friend got a wooden letter of the first letter of our names and glued magazine words on it, and another friend got bigger letters of our first names and put a collage of pictures on it. Basically I am looking for something meaningful that we could all take to our new dorms.

I know that was a lot of detail, but I wanted to give examples of what I am looking for. I wanted to do something with pictures of all of us mixed with inspirational quotes or something. Any ideas?

By Kayla

Could you personalize with photos and sayings an address book, note book, date book or photo album to take to college and use, for each girl, pertaining just to them? Craft stores have many plain books that you can transform into treasures. You can even find very nice albums, small booklets at the Dollar Tree to personalize.

Pick up some cute, fun frames (maybe in their new school colors), remove the glass, matte, etc and add cork cut to size for a corkboard or sheet metal for a magnet board. Decorate the edge of the frame with their name, initials, etc. At my son's school, all the girls had message boards on their doors!

How about getting a large frame with several photo openings, then fill the openings with photos of the "designated" girl with her pals? You can then "personalize" or identify the photos on the matboard. Memories made together will live forever! Have fun!

Homemade High School Graduation Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts GraduationJune 24, 2010
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
A girl who has graduated, wearing her cap and gown.
College Graduation Party Ideas
High School Graduation Party Cupcake Centerpiece
High School Graduation Party Centerpiece Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors