Peg Board for Kitchen Organization

After moving into a rented house with a narrow kitchen, I needed a place to store my many gadgets, strainers, etc. that wouldn't fit in the cabinets. One wall had space, so I hung a large square of pegboard, covered with adhesive paper in a coordinating pattern. Then, where I needed a hook, I punched through and, voila! (My husband said that if something had a hole, it was likely to be hung in the kitchen!)

Be sure to anchor the screws used for hanging the pegboard, as it becomes very heavy. I did the same in back of the stove, cutting it to fit the available space. It brightened up the room, it cost very little, and there was little damage to the walls. (I used blue and white checked design; restful and cheerful!)

By CayC from Green Cove Springs, FL

Addition to my post: One night I heard a crash in the kitchen, and when I looked, the pegboard on the wall (not behind the stove) had fallen off - pots, utensils, and all! I now have it back up with toggle bolts instead of anchors. The smallest bolts were too large for the holes in the pegboard, so I enlarged the holes with a drill. Now let it try to fall! (Just hope the panel behind the stove stays up; it'll be a bear to rehang.) Cay from FL

Pots, pans and lidshanging on the pegboard in kitchen.
Organizing with Pegboards
Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenOctober 18, 2007
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Making Peg (Clothes Pin) Puppets
Making Peg (Clothes Pin) Puppets
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🎉
🎄