Poll: Do you purchase a Replacement Plan when buying electronics?

Today's poll asks: Do you purchase a Replacement Plan when buying electronics?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll below.

I have always asked myself, if their product is so good why do they need to sell me an extended warranty or replacement plan. I did ask the salesman that question when he was giving me a hard time and pressuring me into buying an extended warranty. I said, "WHY, are you telling me your product is garbage and I need to protect myself?" He quit his sales pitch after that.

I feel the same way. Though the last time I bought a fridge, I took the extended warranty because they would come and clean the coils (not the fridge, LOL) but never remembered to call so it was a waste of money. Knock wood, I have never had a product go bad after the normal warranty was over. And now with all new energy efficient products around, if I need a new product, I'd rather spend the money on it.

LI Roe

I had been covering some things with a store extended warranty, but only had one occasion to actually use it, and was disappointed. I had a printer that was covered with an Office Depot extended warranty for an additional 2 years after the original expired. I had a problem with it, about a year into the extended warranty. I placed the claim, and got a fast response...only to find out that it was not actually a replacement....they reimbursed me for the price of the printer that was under warranty.. But of course, I could no longer replace it for the same money...and to make matters worse, I had bought it on sale, and was reimbursed to the penny what I had paid for it at the sale price minus the sales tax. I was lucky enough to find a suitable replacement on Amazon for about the same money as my claim paid. But I don't think that I will be buying extended warrantys in the I future.

Harlean from Arkansas

I also did not usually purchase replacement warranties. Then, in a moment of weakness, I let a Best Buy employee talk me into the warranties on my two kids' cd players. "If anything happens, we will replace them for free, no problem." Well, they both broke, and I can't tell you the hassle we went through to get Best Buy to honor the warranties. Never again!!

we bought an extended warrenty at best buy on our microwave after 6 months it quit and we were told the extended warrenty was voided because the item was non fixable(it was still under a manufacturers warranty)they refunded our money but we were unable to replace it for what we paid the first time. never again will i buy a warranty or shop at best buy.

p.s 9 months after we replaced the first one from best buy the second one quit working too !!!

Small Pink MP3 Player
Storing Small Electronics
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Tablet with Water Damage
Repairing Water Damage in Electronics
🎄