Special Bees

A number of years ago I had a late flowering humming bird plant that had black and yellow bees all over it. They don't sting but stayed busy until the first freeze. Then they disappeared until this year. On my only sunflower (a small flowering kind) I found these 2 bees (same yellow and black) but young ones. I am excited to see them grow and pollinate where all else have failed.

If anyone knows the name of my yellow and black sting-less bees, let me know. I do have a saved grown one in my butterfly collection. I can take a picture of if any one wishes. In the picture here they are about l/2 the size they will get when grown. Thanks in advance.

By fuzzytufts from South Georgia

They're very beneficial and are called Cicada Killers. They can sting but are not aggressive.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks a lot donna60.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I don't know if this is a coincidence or what, but I wanted to warn people that when I clicked on the photo to look closer at the bees, I got an alert window that popped up & read just like this:

Windows Security has found

Critical Process activation on your

system

and will perform fast scan of system

If you get this warning, DO NOT CLICK ON IT, even to close it, it will download a virus into your computer! I went to Microsoft & found this info on it:

http://answers.  dfc-68b599b31bf5

Reply Like this photo? Yes

@lyonpridej and anyone worried about the viruses. They are not coming from us or our servers. It looks like any site that uses popups will trigger the fake alert, if the computer has been infected. The malware is very hard for some antivirus software to spot and remove.Here is a post with more information and advice about the pop ups. The Microsoft link also has good information.

http://www.thri  5362432.tip.html

Please contact us directly if you have any questions or need any further assistance.

Reply Like this photo? Yes