Dog Food For Almost Nothing

Yahoo! I am riding high! The reason is, I am getting dog food for almost nothing! It really pays to hang on to those high-value coupons! A dog food manufacturer put this one out a couple of weeks ago. It is good for a free four-pound bag up to $5 OR $5 off an 8-pound or larger bag. At one store they didn't carry the 4-pound bag, and the 8-pound bag is $7.99. But at the second store, they had the 8-pounder for $5.19! Needless to say, nineteen cents for eight pounds of good name-brand dog food is a deal!

I don't know how long this price will hold. It's still good today, Wednesday, which means it will be on until next Tuesday for sure. I will give them time to re-stock and then go back. Also, we're going to Twin Falls this week, and there's a store from that chain there. I happened to catch the newspaper carrier at the recycling dumpster and have done a little creative pearl diving. As a result, I came up with 62 of those coupons. Let's see, 62 coupons times 8 pounds is 496 pounds. And there was a free chocolate bar coupon in the same insert. Yeah, I still have to pay the tax, but it's worth it. I guess we can feed old Teddy AND ourselves this winter!

Coreenhart from Rupert, ID

Congrats on the good deals!

I tried this with our dog & our cat years ago. BUT IT BECAME A BIG PROBLEM as "they" got tired of eating the same thing 24/7 365 days a year. They refused to eat what was their serving for the day AND began to get into the garbage while we were gone to work.

Our vet said: "they have taste buds too, wouldn't you get tired of eating the same thing everyday just as they have?"

GOOD POINT THAT I HAVE YEARS LATER

REMEMBERED.

I get my dog food 50% off every day of the year. We joined the Purina Pro club about five years ago and started saving right after we joined. Sign up with purina, cut the weight circles off your bag, fill in your claim form, enclose the circles and wait for your rebate checks. We get 10 checks for $7 each, I use the $7 check to pay half of a 50 lb. bag. Incidentally, Purina is a quality dog food. We tried expensive brands, but our dogs look and feel better with Purina. By the way, they are all outisde dogs and they are all between 5 and 14 years old.

"Our vet said: "they have taste buds too, wouldn't you get tired of eating the same thing everyday just as they have?""

That's funny and true. So many people say that dogs have less taste buds than us. What they forget is that taste is about 90% smell and dogs have a stronger sense of smell. So wouldn't their sense of smell make up for those missing taste buds? You'd think so.

I never get values like that one. I do, however, send out for coupons every now and then. I got a Blue Buffalo coupon for $5 off which came in handy. I also constantly get "Buy so many, get your next purchase free" Which, also, comes in handy.

Careful of cheap dog foods. Feed wrong and vet bills and misery follow. Never any corn wheat or soy. That causes allergies, digestive problems and immune system weakening. Corn is one of the biggest problems. Hard to digest, causes infected ears, fungus, dry skin and intestinal problems. Vaccines are another cause of poor health and death. A decent dog food that is not more than grocery store pet food is Diamond lamb and rice. Sold at horse feed store, Co op, some farm supply. Even better but pricey is EVO and California naturals.

Never buy pet food at the grocery store. Look up how the major pet foods are even using euthanized pets from the so called shelters. That poison does not cook out. See the pictures of the vats of the murdered pets waiting to be cooked. Google and see.

Can you tell me the insert and date? I should have some/ what brand was the coupon?

A heaping bowl of dry dog kibble.
Saving Money on Dog Food
Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingDecember 4, 2006
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
Tin Can
Removing Food From Tin Cans
🎄