Fruit Dessert and Salad

Ingredients

• 2 cups whipping cream
  • juice of one lemon
  • 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1 can chunk pineapple, drained
  • 1 can fruit cocktail
  • Ad
  • 12 maraschino cherries, cut in half
  • 1 cup flaked coconut

Directions

Do not whip the cream! Add the lemon juice to the cream and stir to blend. The cream will thicken slightly. Add the marshmallows, pineapple, cherries, fruit cocktail and coconut. Blend together and put in dish and refrigerator for 6-12 hours before serving. Spoon salad onto lettuce leaf for serving. Add a red or green maraschino cherry on top for decoration.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Isn't this called Ambrosia? I remember making something along these lines one year in the kitchen I worked at for a conference center. All I know is that us mountain kids were just completely blown away that people would mix these ingredients together. I guess the campers liked it cuz' it was gone at the end of the day!

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads FruitMay 24, 2007
Frozen Fruit Salad
Frozen Fruit Salad Recipes
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
Fruit Salad
Honey Fruit Salad Recipes
Berry Fruit Salad
Berry Fruit Salad
🎄