Slim Fast Type Powder For Diabetics

I'm diabetic and I would like to know if anyone has a recipe for SLIM FAST type powder that's diabetic friendly. The regular kind has too many carbs and too much sugar in it.

Felicia from LaGrange, Ga

Protein powder from health food stores often have far less sugar and carbs. A brand I know of that is sweetened with Stevia (a natural sweetener that does not spike insulin) is called VEGA, it is Vegan and should work for you. I am assuming by "Slim Fast" powder you mean a meal replacement powder and that is what VEGA is.

I have a vitamix and here's my breakfast:

1/4 C milk (I use soy)

1/4 C water

1 scant scoop protein powder (the kind that has VERY few

carbs)

1 packet Splenda or whatever sweetener you want.

I use flaboring like you use for coffee, or some fruit. Not alot though because fruit is carbs.

(I add 2 tbs steel cut oats if it's going to be a big physical day, lots of hard work. But you could probably use oatmeal in a regular blender)

In summer I add ice cubes and in winter I just let it run for a hot breakfast.

Just blend and enjoy.

This works for me and I've had diabetes for 38 years now. Any questions feel free to email me.

WalMart stores have a brand of meal replacement things (I don't know if they have the powder), that is specifically for diabetics. I'm not sure, but I think it is called Glucerna. You could call one of their pharmacy departments and ask if they have something like this.

Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingJune 5, 2008
Making Garlic Powder
Making Garlic Powder
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
Woman Avoiding Fast Food
Avoiding Fast Food
Slim Fast Bottle
Homemade Slim Fast Recipes
🎉
🎄