Party ThemesParties

April Fools' Day Party Ideas

I'm hosting an April Fool's party. I'm looking for ideas for food, games, jokes, etc. Anything you can help me out with would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Melanie from Minnesota

One year I put up the Xmas tree.. and put hearts and shamrocks, bunnies, flags on it...

put numbers on the back and had stunts for everyone to do... when they selected an ornament it would match with the list of things.. like stand on one leg and sing, hop like a bunny (do age appropriate things here).... also served other occasion foods...the children were 10 and 11..so I had them come up with some sort of Joke they'd like to play on their parents/siblings.. we refined it and sent them home with a fun idea.

A great one for food is food that look like other food. Long i know but fun. I have made cookies that look like pizzas and desert "burgers" i did them for my sons b-day party and the kids loved them. you can also try nachos and pot pies.

The pizza cookies are sugar cookies cut into 3 or 4 inch rounds (size after baked) right after they come out of the oven take a glass and press down the middle of the cookies so they have a raised crust look. then use strawberry jam mixed with powered sugar as sauce. add coconut as cheese and I melted cherry chips a few at a time in the microwave and smashed them between 2 pieces of wax paper, when they cool they make great pepperoni. You can also add anything other toppings you can think of, just remember they need to taste good together. The Burgers were yeast doughnuts as the buns, i just cut one in half. the top half should be abit bigger. I baked a cookie sheet of brownies so they would be about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch high. An I mixed strawberry almond bark with food coloring to make a nice cheesy color. I spread it out on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper, and cooled till hard. cut into small squares for cheese slices. The ketchup was the same tomato sauce from above only with some red food coloring added. You also add other toppings for look. And some apple "french fries" with colored Carmel dipping sauce for a side. Then you may want to try some reverse for the dessert mashed potato ice cream cones. and a latticed topped pot pie. The nachos involve pie crust pieces cut like chips and dusted with cinnamon sugar then some fun toppings like cool whip for sour cream and Carmel sauce for cheese. That's it for my food ideas if i think of some more, i will post. have fun and good luck

When your guests show up don't be there.

April Fools!!!

http://www.crea  s-day-meal.shtml

This is a link to an april fools dinner, maybe give you some ideas. Good luck.