Make Your Own Laundry Soap With Dish Soap

I use Ajax, Dawn or Joy dish soap to wash my clothes. It's cheaper than Tide. Mix it 7 to 1 (Water to dish soap) in your empty laundry detergent bottle. I use the bottle cap to measure just like the Tide.

I also fill my Downey ball about half full of white vinegar and toss that in. It removes soap build up and softens too. For whites I use 1/2 cup of All Fabric Bleach from the Dollar Store. Really thrifty and it doesn't bother my husbands sensitive skin.

By K

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Hello,

Wondering what form of ajax you use ?? Is it a dry or liguid.. ?IS it one cup ajax too one cup d-soap and then 7 cups of water..

Sorry for being so dense here..

I have made my own l-soap for years.. and LOVE it !

Clothes are SO much cleaner and softer .. the vinegar is great too.. love that also :-)

Lisa

I think these are the ingredients:

7 cups water

1 cup of dish detergent (Ajax, Dawn or Joy)

Basically 1 cup dishwashing detergent (not for the automatic dishwasher) to 7 cups of water.

I was just wondering why even bother to mix it up when you could just take a bottle of dish soap to your laundry area with a tablespoon and just use one or two tablespoons for a load of clothes.

After reading a lot of recipes for saving of laundry soap, I like this idea the best. No harsh chemicals to mess with, no soap shavings to burn my lungs, yet still a great way to save. My husband works in a factory and has greasy clothes, I think the dawn will work GREAT for us. I'm going to try this and the vinegar idea in the downy ball too. Thank you so much!

Comment

A washer filled with laundry.
Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesMay 20, 2004
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
HE Washer
Homemade Laundry Soap for an HE Washer
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 21, 2016 at 1:04:59 PM on 10.0.2.196 in 691 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.