Keeping a Tom Cat from Spraying

I have a ten month old tom cat that has just started "spraying". He's going to the vet's on Thursday to be neutered, but in the meantime how do I stop him from doing this, and how do I get rid of that awful smell?

By Nat

Nature's Miracle is a good product for the smell, but honestly until he's fixed, there's not much you can do. He's marking his territory.

The is a product called Comfort Zone with feliway ( and many pet stores. It is pricy. It comes in a spray and diffuser. Cats will not mark where it is sprayed. It works very well (spray is best, diffuser helps) but you must use it daily, or even twice daily. It is the only thing I know of to help break this habit. Natures Miracle is great for accidents that have already happened. If you have clothing/bedding with urine odor, put 1/3 cup Borateem in your wash load to remove it.

Yes they will spray where the feliway is. I ordered the spray and the diffuser and neither have worked.

Preventing a Cat from Spraying
Pets CatsJuly 12, 2011
online shopping
Buying Tom Rubel Retired Angels
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Spraying cat
Getting a Cat to Stop Spraying Inside
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying