Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Firefighter Candles and Centerpiece Ideas

I would like some ideas for making centerpieces for a fireman's dinner.

By etcoursen from Harrisville, PA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Michele [4]04/06/2010

What about making it a Dalmatian (dog) theme instead? You could make it mostly black and white with red accents. Table covers could be plain white paper with painted dog prints tracked across it. Snacks could be served in plastic dog dishes (new and clean, of course) and serve bottled water. Napkin rings could be made out of inexpensive small dog collars. You could wrap plain vases in newspaper and put red carnations in them. Someone could make cookies in a dog bone shape.

By Dena Roberts [31]07/24/2009

I asked my Fire Fighter brother, and his response was, "Please! Nothing fire related!"

By Cyinda [214]07/21/2009

I think a nice looking fire extinguisher (upright or on it's side) with fresh red, orange & yellow flowers (the color of fire) around it would look cool & be fun! Fire extinguishers come in all sizes. Choose the size that will work best.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Firefighter Candles and Centerpiece Ideas

I am trying to find firefighter decorations for my reception hall, such as firefighter candles, or anything to use as a center piece. Can anyone help me?

Jamie from Columba City, IN

RE: Firefighter Candles and Centerpiece Ideas

Having made several centerpieces for our local FD annual dance, one of my favorite ones was made with a child size yellow boot. We then used the FD emblem under the pull on handles at the top of the boot, then added red, white and blue flowers. We also made luminaries from red and blue bags, again adding our local emblem to the bag. We set the votive cups (they were glass) in about 2 inches of kitty litter to weight the bag and so the votive would not tip. (06/20/2005)

By Mary627

Check the toy department of an inexpensive store maybe even a dollar store for toy firetrucks, firefighter hats, etc. Or maybe you could "borrow" some actual gear from the FD to display. You might also look in the pet department of the stores as many dog toys are shaped like fire hydrants. (I wonder why that is?) (06/24/2005)

By Becki in IN

Don't forget to check the toy department. Firefighters are huge heroes to kids. Miniature equipment can be used as napkin rings, floral picks, or glued on to candle rings. Plastic helmets can be uses for planters or wall hangings. (06/25/2005)

By Kathy