"Scroiled" Eggs

If you like scrambled eggs or omlettes, but hate cleaning up the mess, here is how I do something similar. I call them "scroiled" eggs! Whisk up an egg, then boil the kettle. Pour boiling water into a saucepan on a low heat. Create a whirlpool with a spoon and drizzle the egg into it.

Allow it to cook for a few minutes until all the egg is cooked, then scoop it out with a sieved spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste, as they can be a bit bland. I personally like to use duck eggs to make mine, and then put it on a sandwich that has Vegemite or Marmite smeared on one slice.

Delicious and healthy. Hope it works for you! It certainly makes cleaning up easier, as you only have to get rid of some boiling water with a few strains of egg in it afterward.

By chibaton from Kinver, West Mids

Very good idea :-) I've never had Vegemite or Marmite but I'd be satisfied with a little butter and sprinkle of shredded cheese ;-)

Oh, and I like the name Scroiled!

Duck eggs, Marmite and Vegemite--exotic and unavailable here. Your Scroiled egg sounds like a poached egg, except without the scramble. I've never had much luck with the whirlpool technique. I wind up with watery egg and a lot of wasted egg in the water.

I cook scrambled eggs in the microwave in a small buttered glass custard cup which is the easiest of all. One egg takes about 40 seconds. Stir up the egg every 10-15 seconds or so.

Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsApril 29, 2010
empty egg carton
Substitution For Eggs in Recipes
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs