Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

By Linda G 1

I am looking for a laundry whitening product and the name of it is "Miss ___"? I need to know the name and where can I purchase it.

By Linda G from Greensboro, NC

Filter Sort

By joan pecsek 88 545 Flag

I think the name was, "Miss Bo Peep". They still carry it in drug and grocery stores that cater to an older crowd.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Karen 6 Flag

The 2 bottles I have are the Mrs Stewart's brand.

http://www.mrsstewart.com/

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jane 3 Flag

I have found Mrs. Stewarts in several stores: Albertsons on west coast and Dillons and Price Cutter, in Missouri. It's in the laundry isle and usually up at the top of the shelf. You can also find it on the web in places like Lehmans.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

I've been looking for laundry bluing. My son wants to make some crystals for a science project. No grocery stores in my area carry it anymore and most clerks don't know what I'm talking about.

Any ideas?
Karen from Fletcher, NC

Answers:

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

In my local area Walmart carries it and it is with all the Rit clothing dyes, I think Rit actually makes it. Usually all the Rit stuff is in the laundry aisle. (11/20/2005)

By Justanothercowgirl

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Most of our stores carry it, Walmart, Save-A-Lot, Krogers, Shop-N-Save. Even our Ace Hardware & some of the other hardware stores carry it. Good luck. (11/20/2005)

By Lois

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

You could try the website, http://www.mrsstewart.com . You should be able to locate it thru this site. Good Luck! Happy Thanksgiving
Lalady44 (11/20/2005)

By Lalady44

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

They don't know what it is, but they do sell it in the grocery store. It is a small blue bottle, look by all the cleaning products. My daughter use borax for her crystals. (11/22/2005)

By Nancy

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

You could buy your bluing at the store under the name Mrs. Stewart's Laundry bluing (01/22/2007)

By Maria S.

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

My local Shop-Rite sells it in the laundry isle. (03/18/2007)

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

I live in NJ and it is available at the local Shop-Rite in the laundry isle. (03/18/2007)

By TerryS

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Everyone the bluing is in safeway! Put this in safeway.Com under search: Mrs. Stewart's (03/27/2007)

By JOSE

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

My child also needs this for a science project to make "Blue Moon Rocks". We have asked several people what it is and also looked at WalMart. We haven't had any luck, either. Now that I am looking on-line, I am finding that it is sold in NY and more northeastern states. We live in SC and are having a hard time finding it. We may end up calling a friend in NY to have it shipped to us. In the meantime, I bought Borax and we will try it to see how it works. I think we may not see as much blue as we would with bluing.

Editor's Note: I find it here in nearly every grocery store. It is usually on the top shelf near the borax and other laundry additives. From looking on line it doesn't seem to be in SC: https://www.mrsstewart.com/pages/wheretofind.htm

But maybe you can find a state near you. Also they have online ordering at the http://www.mrsstewart.com site. (04/15/2007)

By SCbluingsearch

I know where some is!

There is some laundry bluing in Alberson's near Golden Co. If you live there anyway.
(09/26/2007)

By someone

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

I need this for growing crystal gardens. Where on earth is it? I looked up on google and the answer was right there...well, to my question. It's the only thing i need. So go to rite aid. (10/08/2007)

By Laura

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

In Florida you can buy it at Sweetbay Supermarkets (formerly Kash N Karry). Let's grow some crystals! (11/02/2007)

By Cellular Residue

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

I have also gone to over 15 stores in the Miami, FL area. The store clerks don't even know what it is. And the funny thing is I used to have a lot of bluing balls that my grand ma brought me me from Panama in Central America, because it is used for ringworm. Think I threw them away, but I found this page because I too need it for my sons experiment. <http://www.kilianhardware.com/mrsstewlaunb.html>
Good luck to all. I asked myself every day why did we pick such a hard experiment. ( only because we cant find one ingredient) :)
(11/07/2007)

By Yanni

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Our local Amish stores carry it. (01/06/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

They have it at wal-mart I think. (01/28/2008)

By Chris

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Amazon sells Mrs. Stewart's bluing, and Mrs. Stewart's website has instructions for growing the crystals, as well as an explanation of why they grow. (03/30/2008)

By guest

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

How bluing is used: Back in the day when people wore white cotton shirts,
and stood by an ironing board all day..we used bluing in the rinse cycle of the washer to produce even whiter than white shirts. It works! Can you say "so white it hurts my eyes"? You can buy it for less here:

http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/pr... (06/20/2008)

By Debs

Where can I buy laundry bluing in San Francisco? With postage, it ends up costing way too much to buy over the internet. Thank you.

Colleen from San Francisco

Feedback:

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

I've used blue food coloring for years. For our area, it is less expensive than the "bluing". (10/01/2008)

By Mommy

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Bluing is also used by 4H kids who show cattle to get the white hair whiter than white. Of course, there isn't much of that going on in SF, but perhaps you might find it in an agricultural products store as well. Small town grocery stores have it here in Canada, in the laundry aisle.

The crystals produced for this project are white, and don't turn blue. The bluing turns brown in the chemical reaction, which is rather interesting. (10/03/2008)

By louel53

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Mrs. Steward's bluing is supposed to be sold in all Kroger store and in all Piggly Wiggly stores in North Carolina. Go to the "Mrs. Steward's Bluing" site and find your state. It will give a list of stores that sell it. (12/31/2008)

By C. Smith

Where can I find bluing for laundry?

By Linda from Charleston, WV

Feedback:

RE: Where Can I Buy Laundry Bluing?

Laundry bluing is available in the laundry soap section of grocery stores, here in Saskatchewan. It is called Mrs. Stewart's Bluing and comes in a bottle with an old fashioned style label. It is also used by 4H kids to whiten the white hair on their show calves, so perhaps it is also available in farm supply stores. I couldn't vouch for that, as I have always bought mine in the local Co-op. (07/01/2010)

By louel53

Bluing
Buying Bluing
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsAugust 22, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Bluing
Buying Bluing
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Bluing
Using Bluing
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:30:26 PM on 10.0.2.213 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings