Joys of MotherhoodGeneral Parenting

"You Are Driving Me Crazy"

This weekend I had a craft day with my five year old nephew. I was having trouble with my words getting through to him. He kept doing the opposite of everything I asked (typical kid stuff, too busy with what they were doing to hear that you were telling them to stop) so I said " You are driving me crazy." and he replied "How can I be driving you crazy when I don't even have a drivers license?" Of course it made me laugh and stopped me from going crazy at the moment. Kids say the darndest things.

By Stella from Port Orchard, WA

That's soooo funny!!! Thanx for the chuckle!!!

ah, ive said that to my son i dont know how many times. (hes 4) now when he tells im getting irritated he asks me "am i driving you crazy?" or he beats me to the punch "your driving me freakin crazy!!"

i have said that many time to my 5 yr old daughter and now she will throw her arms in the air and say "you are driving me crazy", or she will come to me and tell me her "kids" (dolls) are driving her crazy.

Reminds me of my nephew. He was wrestling with a family friend and at 4 he had a lot more stamina than the guy he was playing with so finally he was told to "take a chill pill". He came running into the living room where his mother and I were and asked if we had any "chill pills". We laughed and said no so he went running back and told the guy sorry we dont have any and proceeded to jump on him again. Another time his grandmother wanted him to step away from the stove so she told him to "get back jack" and he patted her on the arm and said my name is charlie grandma not jack.