Don't Use Microwave to Melt Candles

I had two candles in glass jars that I wanted to remove. As suggested by one of the members, I put the container in boiling water and as the wax melted I poured it into a disposable container.

I also had read a suggestion to melt the wax by putting the candle in the microwave. However, I found this was not a good idea. I put it in for only 10 seconds and a FIRE started! Luckily I stayed by the microwave to keep an eye on it.

By GrandmaJudyto5 from Columbus, Ohio

Did you perhaps leave the lil metal disc the wick is held in with?

A sure fire way (no pun intended) to remove candles from jars/holders, etc. is to place them in the freezer. A few hours and they will come right out. I have been doing this for years!

Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 5, 2010
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes