Don't Use Microwave to Melt Candles
I had two candles in glass jars that I wanted to remove. As suggested by one of the members, I put the container in boiling water and as the wax melted I poured it into a disposable container.
I also had read a suggestion to melt the wax by putting the candle in the microwave. However, I found this was not a good idea. I put it in for only 10 seconds and a FIRE started! Luckily I stayed by the microwave to keep an eye on it.
By GrandmaJudyto5 from Columbus, Ohio
February 6, 20100 found this helpful
Did you perhaps leave the lil metal disc the wick is held in with?
February 10, 20100 found this helpful
A sure fire way (no pun intended) to remove candles from jars/holders, etc. is to place them in the freezer. A few hours and they will come right out. I have been doing this for years!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 12, 2016 at 12:28:21 AM on 10.0.2.118 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us