Upholstery Mini Purses
This is a small purse with a button/elastic closure. It fits inside a larger purse to organize the contents.
Approximate Time: One hour.
- upholstery scrap
- sewing scissors
- sewing machine
- fabric for lining
- sewing thread
- large button
- elastic ponytail holder
- sewing needle
- paper to make your pattern
- I began with taking a rectangular piece of the upholstery fabric and cutting paper to fit, shaping it into the shape of a boxy envelope.
- From the pattern, cut one piece of upholstery fabric and one from the lining fabric.
- With wrong sides together, sew together, leaving a small spot at the bottom to allow for turning.
- Turn and press.
- Stitch the opening closed.
- Attach the button and the elastic ponytail holder.
Note: I use several of these in my purse easily organizing small items.
By Monica from Cortez, CO
November 4, 20100 found this helpful
Cute! Those would be nice stocking stuffers!
Those bring back memories of my sister and I making little purses just like those when we were about 10 years old. We found many uses for them, including holding a mouth piece for softball! (Haha! I never especially enjoyed softball as a game but there were some good times!)
March 2, 20110 found this helpful
Great idea! I am an activities coordinator for seniors and this would be an easy and useful project for them, with some minor changes, like hot glue instead of sewing. Could you please explain where and how you attached the hair elastic.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 3:11:47 PM on 10.0.2.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us