Keeping Trash Cans Fresh

When emptying the trash in my cans, I always sprinkle carpet deodorizer in my new trash bags and in the bottom of my cans to help keep them smelling fresh. Make the whole room smell great. I also do this to my ashtrays and not only does it keep the smoke odors down but also helps keep the nicotine from sticking to the bottoms of the ashtrays. I also place small containers with small amounts of the freshener in places that are not visible to help keep the house smelling fresh.

By Michelle from Lanett, AL

hi,this is a great idea i never even thought to do that. thanks so much for the great tip.

To Keep my Trash can fresh I use the toilet bowl deorodizes, the ones on the wire hanger just hang it on the side of trash can. and place your trash bag over it. It really helps keep trash can smelling fresh

Carpet Fresh is mostly Baking Soda only more costly!

My secret is to just take the trash out each evening and put smelly things in doubled old plastic bags within the trash bag/can. Keeps pets and odors out.

God bless you. : )

I double several layers of newspaper and place it in the bottoms of my trash cans. My cans stay dry and clean. I change the paper about once a month. My grandmother always did this to keep her cans clean, I wondered why she did it at the time, now I know.

Blue Trash Can
Cleaning Trash Cans
Home and Garden Cleaning TipsApril 4, 2007
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Cat in Knocked Over  Trashcan
Keeping Pets Out of Trash
🎉
🎄