Craft: Picture Books for Little Children

My little one doesn't seem to like board books with drawings for pictures, and rather than go out and buy more books, I decided to make them. I used ziplock bags (not the zipper lock bags), construction paper, old magazines, and yarn. I cut out pictures of animals, babies, trucks, etc. from the magazines and cut the construction paper to fit inside the bags. I grouped the pictures by subject and glued 1 picture to each side of the construction paper. Then I slipped it into the baggie, sealed it closed, made holes in the baggies by the ziplock, and threaded and tied the yarn.

Source: I found it on a website, but I don't remember what it is.

By Jenn T from Lenox, MA

For my little girl, I took the board books that she didn't seem to like that much and put family photos on the pages and put clear packing tape over them to seal them. On some other books, I took pictures of Dora and other characters she liked and taped them down. That way she can look at her photos and the pages won't rip. I find board books at yard sales and also as discards at our library. It doesn't matter what the books are about, since I am going to make them over with new pictures.

As a preschool teacher, I've made books from the little photo albums you purchase for a $1 at dollar stores. I have made multi-cultural books, books about occupations, etc. Have some with photos of the kids in their centers, on the playground, etc. I even have one with environmental print like characters from cereal boxes, fast food logos, pictures of foods...things children see every day. They are pretty sturdy and the kids love them.

Homemade Picture Book
Homemade Picture Books for Children
Parenting Toddler and Preschooler ActivitiesOctober 14, 2008
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books