Use Fingerless Gloves for Winter Driving

In the winter, my hands occasionally become so cold that it is uncomfortable. To keep a good grip on the steering wheel and stay warm at the same time, I tried a pair of fingerless gloves (aka gauntlets). Bought them at Target, and have seen them on ebay and

Works for me! I keep them in the car under the radio where there is a little opening. I've tried gloves and mittens of various fabrics, but the fingerless gloves work better. Probably the fingerless gloves that are used for weight lifting might work as well if the wrists aren't pulled too tightly and you don't mind grappling with them every time they are needed.

I have the same problem when I drive of my fingers getting cold. One day I was fiddling around with the vanes in my heater vents and found a setting that blows directly onto my hands on the steering wheel as I drive. Better than any gloves I've ever tried!

Gauntlet gloves are not fingerless they are gloves that extend upwards on the arms to protect the upper arms.Fingerless gloves are called Hobo gloves

Man Putting Chains on His Car in the Snow
Winter Driving
Consumer Advice Cars Winter DrivingFebruary 24, 2009
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
Fan Patterned Fingerless Gloves
Making Fan Pattern Fingerless Gloves
Crochet Fingerless Gloves for American Girls
Making Crochet Fingerless Gloves for an American Girl Doll
knitted fingerless gloves
Knitting Fingerless Gloves