Chickpea Curry

Excellent to scoop up with pita bread or serve over rice and even more tasty reheated the next day.

• 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Ad
  • 2 small onions, finely diced
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 3/4 tsp. clove
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. ground coriander
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp. ground turmeric
  • 2 (15 oz.) cans garbanzo beans, do not drain
  • 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the onions until tender.

Stir in garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, cayenne, and turmeric and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in garbanzo beans and continue to cook, while stirring, until all ingredients are well blended and heated through. Remove from heat, very lightly mash, stir in cilantro, and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

LOL. We seem to like many of the same foods, Deeli. I've gotten so that when I see a recipe that you've submitted, I recognize it almost immediately. Of course, I like a lot of other people's recipes too, and that probably accounts for the fact that I'm so nice and round.

I do like the garbanzo beans and I just adore curry. Hubby doesn't care for it all that much, so I don't make anything curry very often. This recipe is something I can make and enjoy all by myself if I have to. We might find out he likes curry after all. Just my luck! I'll not be surprised if I catch him putting it on ice-cream since I'm sure it'll have a wonderful aroma from all those delicious spices.

Thank you for sharing with us. Thumbs Up big time.

Vegetable Curry
Vegetable Curry Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetarianSeptember 15, 2010
Lamb curry in a pan with a side of white rice.
Lamb Curry Recipes
Curry in Wooden Spoon
Removing Curry Stains
Chicken Curry Recipes
Chicken Curry Recipes
Red Curry Sauce
Curry Sauce Recipes