Removing the Excess Adhesive from Self Stick Tiles

We installed peel and stick floor tiles in our kitchen and the adhesive from the back is seeping thru where each tile joins together. What can I use to clean this without ruining the finish?

Thank you.

By Diane from Pittsburgh, PA

Best Answer

I would try a cloth (wrung out/not wet with it but damp) damped with isopropyl alcohol which you should be able to get from a chemist (pharmacy) or a hardware store, I think. I sell many types of adhesives here in Australia and so it is the best stuff generally as a solvent that isn't dangerous and doesn't leave residue. (Don't use methol!) As always, try in an inconspicuous area first. (The citrus stuff above will work well too but isopropyl leaves no residue. I like less steps!)

Try Goo Gone which is a citrus-based cleaner that I find to be highly effective in removing adhesives. (Make sure you mop afterward because it will make the floor slippery.)

Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsMay 2, 2010
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile