Organizing Socks for the Family

Instead of using those plastic over-the-door shoe organizers for shoes, I use mine to organize our socks! After taking the socks out of the dryer, I just roll them up and place a pair in each pocket of the shoe organizer (I do this with pantyhose and knee-highs too).

No scrambling to match socks on a busy morning! When my son gets older and starts to dress himself, I'll probably do the same for his room so that he has easy access to matching socks.

By Lisa from WI

what a clever idea

I use one of these plastic shoe bags on the back of my daughter's bedroom door. It holds all of her hair bows, barrettes, etc. Each pouch holds a different color. It not only makes a great storage idea, but helps make it easier for her to find what she is looking for and keeps them from being all over.

on white socks I use a colored marker to put the first letter of their name. On colored socks I have use Wite Out

you can also put the initicals of the owner of the socks on them.

A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Organizing ClothingJanuary 18, 2006
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Making a Sock Quilt
Partially knit sock over a woman's foot with needles in place.
Knitting Socks
Craft Ideas for Socks
Craft Ideas for Socks