Cleaning Polypropylene Chairs

I have Ikea Urban chairs in orange. They are made of polypropylene and I can't seem to get them clean. I guess it's a build up of dirt and oil from skin, etc. I have tried tea tree oil, bathroom cleaner, peroxide, dishwashing liquid, and nothing works. Any suggestions?

By Rachel from Toowoomba, Qld AU

For polypropylene I have had the best luck with those Mr Clean Magic Erasers (I use the generic ones). They seem to do the best on that stuff.

Hi you could try giving them a good scrub with a solution of a capful of biological laundry gel with a capful of bleach in per litre of warm water. Check the label to make sure you it is ok first. Mr Muscle kitchen spray with bleach in the yellow container is great and non-abrasive but don't know if you can get it outside Europe. Good luck!

I agree with cowfd. With the eraser, got mine at a dollar store worked wonders. It was even generic.

Thanks cowfd, I tried it and it worked really well. Perfect

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJanuary 9, 2010
Dining Chair
Repairing Dining Chair Seats
Bean Bag Chair
Making a Bean Bag Chair
Dining room chair with a vinyl seat.
Recovering Vinyl Chairs
Dining Chairs
Reupholstering Dining Chairs