Use Two Shopping Lists to Save Money

Maybe not a new idea but I think it 's a money saver. Make 2 shopping lists. First is considered a monthly list, in which items like; paper towels, TP, soap and other household items purchased, and a second weekly list for food items only.

What I usually do is put my food items on one side of my list, and non-food (paper products, pet supplies, etc.) on the other side. That way, one side for the grocery store and one side for the dollar store.

What a great of thinking!

Ty

I make my list by grocery store. I shop mainly at Aldi's for non-essential food items such as yogurt, butter, eggs (sometimes), cake mixes when needed to make cookies, cereal, cat litter. I make another list for the dollar store....hair conditioner for shaving my legs, garbage bags (30/$1.00) and other toiletries. Then I browse the Meijer ad and the Kroger ad (usually just for 10 for 10 items) and at Kroger I also get 20 cents off a gallon of gas once I hit $50 per month. All the stores are within very close proximity to where I live.

You need to check your wal-mart prices on your items before you go to dollar store. I get a lot of my items at walmart for 99 cents or less. I am really trying to buy american made now instead of putting my money in another country's pocket. Even if it means costing a little more. Of courses some things you can't but I look before I just buy.

Mother and Daughter Shopping at Supermarket
Shopping Tips and Tricks
Better Living Frugal Living TipsOctober 10, 2008
A numbered to do list on paper.
Staying Organized With Lists
A woman typing in a credit card number for an online shopping purchase.
Online Shopping Tips
Shirts on Sale
Tips for Price Matching
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
🎉
🎄