Drive Through ATM Safety

I prefer using a drive up ATM machine because I have a car full of kids and I feel safer. Even though I'm in a car, I can never be too safe. I keep my doors locked. If there is a car in front of me and I am waiting, I also keep my windows up. When I get to the machine, I only roll down my window and I shut off the radio. I am always aware of my surroundings. As soon as I get my money, I roll up the window before I count the money, put it away, and pull away.

By michele052002 from Bangor,PA

Wonderful tip! I wish everyone were so mindful of safety!

I won't even use an ATM machine. I always get my cash at the grocery store when I buy my groceries. If I'm in need of anything and don't have enough cash I put it on my Master Card and subtract it from my checkbook and pay when the statement comes. I never let my MC or my debit card out of my site. When I buy gasoline I lock my car doors the minute I get out of the car. One time a woman's purse was stolen from the other side of the car in which she was pumping gas. I don't carry any cards with me until I know I'm going to use them. I don't get any statements in the mail and pay everything online which is proven to be safer. We can never be too careful.

Very smart thinking. This is a procedure any woman, with or without kids in the car, should follow.

Woman Getting Money from Cash Machine
Cash Machine Tips and Tricks
Better Living Safety PersonalJune 2, 2010
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety
Avoiding ATM Fees
Avoiding ATM Fees
🎄