Drive Through ATM Safety

I prefer using a drive up ATM machine because I have a car full of kids and I feel safer. Even though I'm in a car, I can never be too safe. I keep my doors locked. If there is a car in front of me and I am waiting, I also keep my windows up. When I get to the machine, I only roll down my window and I shut off the radio. I am always aware of my surroundings. As soon as I get my money, I roll up the window before I count the money, put it away, and pull away.

By michele052002 from Bangor,PA

Wonderful tip! I wish everyone were so mindful of safety!

I won't even use an ATM machine. I always get my cash at the grocery store when I buy my groceries. If I'm in need of anything and don't have enough cash I put it on my Master Card and subtract it from my checkbook and pay when the statement comes. I never let my MC or my debit card out of my site. When I buy gasoline I lock my car doors the minute I get out of the car. One time a woman's purse was stolen from the other side of the car in which she was pumping gas. I don't carry any cards with me until I know I'm going to use them. I don't get any statements in the mail and pay everything online which is proven to be safer. We can never be too careful.

Very smart thinking. This is a procedure any woman, with or without kids in the car, should follow.