Milia Around the Eyes

How do you get rid of milia (small white bumps) around the eyes?

Debby from Edmond, OK

Your dermatologist can take care of them during an ordinary office visit. Your insurance company should cover it as a regular check up. Or you can just wait. They go away even with out treatment. Self treatment and picking at them can leave you with scars. I know they are annoying, I have them all the time.

Good luck, Londa

My doctor has told me he can remove them but I'm afraid of the scars that may leave. I scar very easily. And, I wish mine would just go away. Unfortunately, I've had some of them for at least ten years. I'd really like to figure out how to keep from getting more. The doctor told me there wasn't anything I could do to keep from getting them. If anyone has any ideas, I'm willing to try.

Actually your dermatologist can get rid of them - and although you scar easily - it didn't leave a scar on me at all. There is also Meloderma - which I heard can be quite effective for healing scars. My experience was a little red mark that went away very soon. It wasn't around the eyes though - that sounds sensitive. The tool they used on be is like a hook that they push it out (not to gross you out) but it wasn't that bad. I don't know wouldn't it be easier to cover up any scarring than the milia? I don't think you have too many other options - not sure - other than accepting it if you don't want the procedure.

Good Luck!.

They go away by themselves if given time. Or your doctor will just cut them out. Don't do as I did and try to cut one out yuorself - an infection set in and the eye area was puffed up for a week.

Mine are not just around the eyes. I have had some success by using a sterilized sewing needle and just picking at it some for about 2 days to irritate it slightly and then in another day or two it often comes right out when I scratch over it with my fingernail. But of course, there are times when you cause some scarring if you're not careful. Mine never, never go away if left alone. I have had some for many years until I finally picked at them. The occasional scarring, however has actually gone away after about a year or so. Would love to know how to prevent them!!

Deby, Scars can be covered with make-up. There are also great scar reducing treatments that a good dermatologist can do. Lasers, patches, and amazing stuff. The Doctors I work for do amazing things with their special gizmos. If your Doctor dosen't have them, seek out a larger group practice that can afford the equipment, and offer the latest options.

Best of luck, londa

Put aloe vera on it every night. It will go way in a few days.

I've had a few of thee on various face areas. I use a sterilized Stanley knife to gently scrape at the surface until I can see the 'pearl'. Then I squeeze (like a pimple) until it comes out. If you do it carefully enough, they are small, and will not leave a scar.

I also get those every now and then. Mine are fairly small, so I just take a small needle and sterlize it and carefully poke the bump until the white stuff comes out. It hasn't scarred me, that I can see.

Editor's Note: This sounds scary to me, it might be needles and the eyes. Please make sure that you use this with caution.

Ok, I tried it all. I tried a needle and tried cutting them off with scissors. I'm only 16 and there spreading. They won't go away, and its embarrassing.

Editor's Note: Be very careful. Needles or cutting near your eyes is very dangerous. Not only can you hurt your eyes but you could get an infection.

I have yet to see a dermatologist that an insurance company was willing to pay for a visit. According to them, if it's skin it's cosmetic and therefore not something they will pay for.

I have had these in the past and used the needle method, being sure to sterilize with flame and rubbing alcohol. Never had a problem--and I've had them near my eyes as well.

A good exfoliator might help prevent the clogged pores that can contribute to the problem....I would think a sugar scrub would be best, since sugar dissolves in the shower and rinses away clean (no annoying grains left behind). I've gotten rid of a few that way; it opens up the top of the bump and the 'pearl' can be squeezed out.

Always use rubbing alchol and antibacterial soap to keep the site clean and prevent infection.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceMay 28, 2008
Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Storing Googly Eyes
Storing Googly Eyes
Woman with puffy eyes using eye drops.
Remedies for Puffy Eyes
child rubbing eyes
Remedies for Itchy Eyes
🎄