Christmas Gift Ideas

I have a 12 year old niece and a 16 year old nephew. They are spoiled with a lot of luxuries. This year I have very limited funds. Any ideas? I also have an 18 year old son and am looking for ideas for him too.

Thanks to all in advance,
Aquarius from Ontario Canada

Teens can be hard, especially when they seem to have everything they want already. For the girl, if she is crafty at all you could try putting together a little craft kit. One of my favorites is hemp macrame. It is fairly inexpensive to just get a hank of hemp twine and some fimo beads, and print some instructions from the internet. Put it all together in a cute bag or find a little basket or purse at a dollar store. It's an easy craft that makes for great results, something that she can wear that's cool.

It could also be fun to print out instructions for making her own lip balm and bath salts or something, and give her the ingredients that she'll need to make them.

For the boys. Hmmm. My dork of a husband says to make a potato cannon... Good grief.

Magazine subscriptions make great gifts, often under $10 a year. Get them a subscription to something that they are interested in. Fishing or cars or sports or gaming or computers or something.

Also, a gift certificate to an mp3 download site, like napster.com or itunes.com could be cool. most albums are around $10 to download.

Try a quality time gift- Put a certificate offering to take them fishing or camping or to play pool or something into thier christmas card (which are so much fun to make homemade).

Umm, dang. This is hard, lol. I never was good at shopping for teenage boys, lol. Back when my husband and i were dating I got him a lot of gag gifts and penutbutter cups, lol...

How about a movie theme? Get a small bowl from the dollar store, fill with shredded paper, a packet of microwave popcorn, a can of pop, a candy bar, and maybe a gift card for a movie at a local theater, wrap it up with clear cellophane wrap and a bow. There is a catalog that I like to use, or go to www.orientaltrading.com and take a look at the plastic popcorn holders that they have; they would make a cute holder instead of a bowl.

What about something personalized, like a small scrapbook of their lives, what they like to do, etc.? Something that shows how much time you put into it, and not money, might be appreciated more than expensive stuff, especially if that's what they're used to.

Hi, I think most girls like costume jewellery which you can pick up pretty reasonably or if you're crafty you could try making some. Or how about a little giftbag or make-up bag with body spray, lip-gloss, nail polish etc...

My son is 17 and each year now I'm finding him harder to buy for as he has a little after-school job and it's harder to keep track of what he's purchased for himself. I think for teenage boys a nice belt, or trendy bracelet. A fun t-shirt, a new wallet....hmmm....now I'm thinking I might put some vouchers towards books in my son's Xmas wallet!!! Hope any of this helps :)

Peep into this amazing Christmas Blog at http://christmas4all.blogspot.com to check out some really cool stuffs and unique ideas

I'm 16 yr old boy. Most kids my age don't want handprints, Sorry. Inexpensive would be like gift cards to clothing stores or an American express gift card that they can use anywhere cause if you get a lot of those you can get an item for yourself. But it really depends on how much you wanna spend. You can always get him shoes (not from payless, try a surf shop or skate shop) and if he is into skating or biking you can get him parts for that. Well I hope I helped PEACE OUT DAWGY DAWG

Hi. I'm a 16 year old guy from texas and I am having a tough time deciding what I am wanting. I think that you can't go wrong with money or an american express or visa gift card. Don't make it for one store only though because you never know where you will find what you want. I am really into research for aids, cancer, and going green, so I bought shirts that help support that cause with donating the money I spend to the charities. But I think money is the best option for 16 Year old guys honestly. Hope that helps you out, and have a Merry Christmas.